Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Question regarding Instance

If I do a default SQL Server installation, and then find that I'd like to
have several instances installed after all, will I be stuck?
Thanks,
- Joe Geretz -Hi,
When ever you do a new SQL server Installation after a default installation,
The Installation program will identify the old instance
and will create a NEW NAMED INSTANCE automatically.
All the subsequent installation after the default installation the server
name will be "MACHINENAME\<NAME YOU GIVE>"
So no worry, you will never get struck.
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Joseph Geretz" <jgeretz@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:#lMllL4FEHA.1396@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> If I do a default SQL Server installation, and then find that I'd like to
> have several instances installed after all, will I be stuck?
> Thanks,
> - Joe Geretz -
>

No comments:

Post a Comment