Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Question Regarding Job Schedules

Hi

My instance of SQL Server 2005 is installed on a Win Server 2003 box. I am trying to schedule an SSIS job. I have created a proxy using my NTLogin as Credential. When I run the job, it returns with the following error:

Message
[298] SQLServer Error: 15404, Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'XXXXXXXX', error code 0x54b. [SQLSTATE 42000] (ConnIsLoginSysAdmin)
where XXXXXXXX is my Domain\NTLogin

I access the Server box and discovered that the Windows Task Scheduling Service is not running. Does SQL Server Scheduling depend on this?

I'm quite sure that SQL Server Agent has nothing to do with Windows Task Scheduler. However I have no idea about your error...|||

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Here is what I am doing to test this:

I have a Test SSIS package that has a singe Execute SQL Task which connects to a SQL 2000 db and makes an insert into a table. This works fine when I run it through the VS Studio IDE.

After this, I registered the Package with the Integration Services and when I execute the package by right clicking and selecting the Execute Package option it executes again.

I restarted the SQL Server Agent to run under my NT account. Now, the first piece of the puzzle is that when I try to create a new credential with my NT Account, it throws an error saying that :
An exception occurred while executing a Transact-SQL statement or batch. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ConnectionInfo)

An error occurred during encryption. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 15467)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&ProdVer=09.00.1116&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=15467&LinkId=20476
I ran a Create Credential Script to insert the credential and created a proxy using that. Then I created a job with a new SSIS step that runs under the proxy. Now when I try to run the job it fails to execute with the following two entires in the log:

Message
[298] SQLServer Error: 3621, The statement has been terminated. [SQLSTATE 01000] (ConnIsLoginSysAdmin)

Message
[298] SQLServer Error: 15404, Could not obtain information about Windows NT group/user 'CSFB\jgattani', error code 0x5. [SQLSTATE 42000] (ConnIsLoginSysAdmin)
Can I provide you with any more information that might assist you in trying to figure out whats going on?

Regards
Jay

|||Hi

I had posted my question a couple of days back and did not get a response. Is the question vague or does it need more information. Please let me know if I could provide more details in understanding the problem I am facing.

We are stuck at this point and would like to get this resolved and use the SQL Server 2005 instead of good old SQL Server 2000.

Thanks
|||Hi,

just an idea... Changing the service login wasn't supported in older builds of SQL Server 2005. Perhaps there is still a problem with that... I would not change the service's credentials...

Encryption problem can also occur when you store "save" data (like database logins) within the package and encrypt the package with the user key. You should use a password for the package instead and use it when you run the package...

Again: just an idea...|||Hi

Thanks for the response. I think that the root cause of the issue is my inability to create the credential. If I have the SQL Server Agent running under my NT Acount and then the job Steps running under the "SQL Agent Service Account" and my nt account as the owner of the job, everything works perfect.

sql

No comments:

Post a Comment