Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Question related to Analysis Service Roles

Hi,

One of my users is supposed to have full access to all other dimesions except for one and thus I have defined a customized role on one of 4 dimensions that I have.

When I test the role (from the front-end), I am getting a strange message in my front-end :confused: and could it be that I also have to define a role for this user on all other dimensions? Should I define the role on the server or the client :confused: I am a bit confused and will appreciate your help.

Thanks.Are you testing the role from your machine or from the users machine? What happens when they log on to your machine? Can you post the error message that you are getting?|||Are you testing the role from your machine or from the users machine? What happens when they log on to your machine? Can you post the error message that you are getting?
Hi and thanks for the reply.

At the moment I am testing this from my own machine by logging in (from my machine) as the test user and then trying to use the cube. Could this be the reason? The front-end that I'm using is MSDA (Microsoft Data Analyzer) and the error message that I get is as follows:

Formula error - cannot bind: unknown member: "[Product].[_MAXIMAL_MIN_]"

Any clues please.sql

No comments:

Post a Comment